Processes of development of cultural environment, preservation of environmental diversity and urbanization in the context of balanced development of Latvia
Project full title: State research programme "Transformation of National Economy, Smart Growth, Governance and Legal Framework for Sustainable Development of the State and Society - New Approach to Formation of Sustainable learning Community (EKOSOC-LV)" 5.2.8. sub-project "Processes of development of cultural environment, preservation of environmental diversity and urbanization in the context of balanced development of Latvia"
The objectives of the project are:
- to investigate the process of cultural development and degradation, the process of preservation and reduction of environmental diversity, the depopulation process in Latvia as a whole, the impact of urbanisation processes on Latvia's balanced development;
- to establish a description of the above-mentioned practices in four demonstration sites in Latvia with a different cultural environment, preservation of natural diversity and a different housing structure. To carry out observations in demonstration areas over a period of three years, as these factors have an impact on the sustainable development of the site;
- to present the results of the study to Latvia's sustainable development policy makers, offer the knowledge acquired from the study to integrate the regional, local government into strategic development planning documents and their implementation processes, as well as in the programmes of higher education, especially regional higher education.
- Latvian Academy of Sciences
- Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies
- Riga Stradiņš University
- Vidzemes University of Applied Sciences
- Ventspils University of Applied Sciences
- University of Latvia
- Riga Technical University
- Daugavpils University