Latvia's rural and regional development processes and opportunities in the context of the knowledge economy
Project full title: State research programme "Transformation of National Economy, Smart Growth, Governance and Legal Framework for Sustainable Development of the State and Society - New Approach to Formation of Sustainable learning Community (EKOSOC-LV)" 5.2.3. sub-project "Latvia's rural and regional development processes and opportunities in the context of the knowledge economy"
Bring together experts from different fields - entrepreneurs, municipal employees, scientists, representatives of public institutions, etc. performing expert analysis of hierarchy analysis to assess the impact of smart specialization formation and development factors in each region of Latvia.
- collect and analyze data on resource efficiency, business dynamics in highly technological and knowledge intensive sectors, education level of citizens, NGO activity, accessibility of e-environment, activity of citizens in municipal elections, extent of attraction of EU funds to municipalities, etc. to develop a smart development index and to evaluate the performance of the regions. Carry out performance evaluation of county performance.
- summarize the scientific knowledge gained during the project and develop 5.2.3. monograph.
- introduce the findings of the study to the public, municipalities and public administrations and the scientific community.
- Latvian Academy of Sciences;
- Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies;
- Riga Stradiņš University;
- Vidzemes University of Applied Sciences;
- Ventspils University of Applied Sciences;
- University of Latvia;
- Riga Technical University;
- Daugavpils University.